Thursday, March 5, 2009

Roses and Lillies and Daisies OH MY

Well yesterday Aunt Ange (Michael's Aunt) and I went to see a florist that happens to be a family friend. In truth before going I had give some though but not a lot to flowers. I knew I wanted them, and I knew how much they generally cost, but I didn't think about them too much.

Anyway, we went and we first started to go through the flowers needed:

1. Bridal Bouquet
2. Bridesmaids Bouquet (X8)
3. Groom's Boutonniere
4. Groomsman Boutonniere (X8)
5. Flower Girl (Basket with Flowers)
6. Ring Boy Boutoniere
7. Mother's Corsages (X2)
8. Father's Boutonniere (X2)
9. Grandfathers Boutonniere ( X2)
10. Grandmothers Coursages (X3)
11. Large flower arrangement on Pillars for Church (X2)
12. Pew Flowers
13. Large Arrangements for Bridge home
14. Flower petals decorated outside of brides home
15. Large Arrangement for Groom home
16. Table Centre pieces (X43)
17. Head table flowers
18. Cake table flowers
19. Arrangement in Female bathroom of hall
20. Throwaway bouquet for Bride

So anyway this is everything we're getting, and a few more perks. So as we were sitting these going through the details I was starting to sweat a little. The flowers that were chosen are all roses, and the flowers for the parents and grandparents are Orchids. So anyway as I was sitting there sweating she finally said "lets see what the damage is", and could you believe that this only came up to $5000.00!!!!

Her name is Antoinette and she runs a flower warehouse. Basically she supplies flowers to flower stores, and she does the wedding business on the side. She also gave me a beautiful bouquet, and you could smell the flowers such a distant, and they're so fresh. I instantly fell in love with the colour of our flowers. Everything about the flowers are so vibrant. She has been providing Michael's family with flowers for a number of years, and the designs that she comes up with are gorgeous. I don't want to give too much away about the centre peices, but you shall see soon enough.

So now another thing is done :). Also, next week Michael and I are going to be going to sign everything for the photograper and DJ. I'm so excited.

So right now all the major things are pretty much taken care of, and now it's time for all the minor details. It's time to start revamping my lists and getting ready to get everything else together.

I shall keep you all posted.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment