Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DJ, Photographer and The Church (for now)

Well good day everyone, so I've got some more news for you. So since my last post Michael and I have booked a church. Upon waiting for a meeting with St. Judes we stumbled onto St. Andrew's. It's this beautiful little church tucked away on the inside of Stavebank off of Lakeshore. So right now Michael and I are all set to be married there September 11th 2010. (http://www.standrewsportcredit.ca/) Please feel free to visit the website to get some more information about the church. I will tell you my experience though. I went there not really expecting anything, and I ended up meeting with Rev. Andrew. To say the least I was blown away with the people, they actually make me want to go to church again. I am honestly thinking about going because of the sense of community I felt amongst the people, and the way they just welcomed you in. Nothing was pushed upon us, and we have full range of our wedding. We are able to write our own vows, and we are able to see what the Reverend will be saying before hand in case there are things that we would like added. Michael and I were both very happy with this church. It was built in the 1920's and has such a beautiful character, I fell in love when I saw it.

So now for section 2 the DJ. Michael and I went to see the guys at Veriation music, and we were very pleased. They had everything that we were looking for, and then some. We will be having a bongo player which i must say makes me very happy. We also get full range on our music, and i am happy with what they have to offer. For what they're charging Michael and I both feel that it is reasonable, and a great deal. We are able to give them lists as to what we want played, what we don't want played, and we can also submit songs that they might not have. We're just really happy with them, and the guy was just great. (http://www.veriationmusic.com/veriation/index.html) When I was at the bridal show we got a CD and DVD of there stuff, and I was happy with what they had to offer. So for you guys I will need some help coming up with some songs :), so please contribute.

Part 3 the Photographer. OK I love her, that's all there is too it. I met with her tonight, and I've found the one. We went to her studio which is the first floor of her home, and it was just breath taking. Everything that she had to offer, and the uniqueness of her photo's....I was just so happy (http://www.impulsephoto.com/). On the day of there will be two photographers, and one will be with Michael for the start of the day, the other will be with me. She is a little expensive, but I personally think that she is worth every penny. I had gone with Jen to see a few others, and while they were good none of them struck me like she did. Her name is Silvana, and the work she does is just phenomenal. Please check of the link that I posted above for her. She does more than just weddings, and I'm thinking that I might get her to do a few shots of the family for my mothers birthday this year. I really love her work, and she is someone that I can see myself using in the future.

So guys there is where I am at right now in regards to the planning. Oh, and I'm going to be checking out flowers tomorrow. I know that this is VERY early, but I figured it doesn't hurt to price them.

Wedding plans are coming along great, and I'm happy with the way things are going. After this stage is done I just need to get the Videographer and then I can relax for a bit. I know there is a ton of others things to do but all the big things will be out of the way.

I'll let you know how the flowers go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment