Monday, March 16, 2009

It's All Coming Together

Michael and I are really on our way. We've booked the photographer (Silvana), DJ (Veriation Music), Hall (MCC), Florist, Videographer (Bezick), and Church (St. Andrew's and St. Judes). 

So we've put down the deposits and all these things are ready to do for next year. With the DJ, we are currently listing songs as we go along, things that we would want played that night. We figured we have time since the list doesn't have to be given until next year. I had gone to see a few other DJs, and these guys were the best. They're laid back, but very prepared. They were very down to earth, and knowledgable. I had gone to see (with Jen) another DJ service named Good Vibration. The guy that we delt with was just too pushy, and not someone I would want to deal with in the future. 

The Photographer is Silvana and she is so sweet. She knows her work inside and out, and she has the best albums and a very diverse portfolio. I had gone to see about six different photographers, and I had spoken to dozens, but she was the best. She had done the wedding of a friend of mine and that is how I saw her work. 

Bezick is an awesome guy, and probably the nicest person I've met. I ended up having my meeting with him at Starbucks, a nice neutral place to get to know one another and it was phenominal. We talked for hours and he was just so down to earth. He was really someone that I would not mind having there filming my every move on our big day.

Antoniette is the florist and she is great. I got her number from Michael's aunt, and I was very impressed with her work and the price that she gave me as I stated in my earlier post. 

I'm so excited that everything is coming together. I'm going to start looking for my dress, just to see what is out there at the moment. :) There is still a bunch of little things to do but as of right now everything is going ok. 

Michael and I are looking at houses, but we aren't buying until next year. I'm just looking to see what is out there and what we can get. Everything is coming together, and people keep telling me to enjoy this time as it's going to fly by. 

My next task is looking at a decorator, cake, make up and hair stylist. I'm getting these people to do my makeup and then I'm taking a picture to see what it is that I really like. I'm trying to go with someone that I can build a relationship with. I have the person who will be doing the nails (Roseanna), and she awesome. I go to her now for my waxing needs, and she'll come to the house the day before the wedding and do the nails of all the girls. 

Well I will let you know what is going on as more things happen. :) It's getting closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment