Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Big Mishap

So Michael and I had ordered our rings, and the gifts for the groomsmen, and the company that we went with were super helpful with picking out the items. So last week Thursday I went to pick them up, as everything was ready. I quickly inspected what we bought in the store, not noticing any flaws, but I didn't look at them too deeply.

I went back to the car, where Michael was waiting and he looked at the gifts that we got, and that's when all the issues came out. The gifts that we had got the guys were completely wrong! They had given us something completely different. One of the gifts for the Best Man is different, and that although the right item was engraved incorrectly.

Michael's wedding ring was not what he had ordered, and one of the diamonds in my one of my bands was milky. I was just so crushed and furious.

So yesterday Michael and I took back the things that we bought. The service we received when it came to purchasing the items were definitely not there when it came to discussing the issues. Basically what happened with the groomsman gifts is that they didn't have enough of the one that we ordered, so they changed it to one that they did. Although they are still beautiful items, the fact that we didn't even get a phone call to authorize this change was less than satisfactory. Michael decided to stick with the band, since it's still nice and he does not plan on wearing it that often. He would like to get his wedding band tattoo'd to him (this is his choice) since he does not like to wear jewelery.

As for my wedding band with the milky diamond, they advised that yes indeed there was something definitely wrong with it and they're going to be sending it in for repairs. So the Diamond Company sold me a bad diamond! They sold me a product that they didn't check before giving it to me. If I was someone who didn't say anything, I would have lived with that faulty merchandise, that we payed money for.

Michael and I had discussion, and although Tiffany's might be expensive you know you're getting quality (That's where Michael got my engagement ring).

So currently everything is being fixed, and I hope that it all works out. However, I'll never recommend this company to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment