Thursday, April 9, 2009

Smooth Sailing

So things are coming along. Michael and I are currently looking at wedding cake makers, and designers for the wedding. Today I have a meeting with one, and Jen will be accompaying me, if I like her the I'll take Michael to meet with her also. I think though for cakes that we're going to be seeing quite a few people since what we're looking for is not traditional at all.

Actually, an old elementary school friend of mine (Meghan), is a cake maker and I've asked to meet with her already. I think that it would be kind of neat having someone that I know to make the cake. We shall see though, because like I said it's not something that either of us are taking lightly.

On another more fun note Michael and I have REGISTERED. I've never had so much fun before. There was so much to see and so much to choose from, but it was just so awesome thinking that in a little while Michael and I are going to have our own home and a place to put all these things. It's just so great thinking that I can have dinner parties and have my friends come over. I also realize all the work involved with having our own home, but it's nice to see things start to come together. So we registered at William Ashley and Kitchen and Stuff Plus. Basically we did both because WA has more of our fine china, it also has an every day set but there items are a bit priceier. We chose K&SP because the things there are for every day use, and a cheaper in price. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I have a whole bunch of cards to send out with invitations.

The other thing wedding wise that I'm working on with Judy is a shower for a friend of mine. Her wedding is a month after mine, but we're brain storming ideas at the moment so we can start getting things on the move. I realize how early it is, but I want to make sure that nothing is over looked since things are going to be so close together. It's fun coming up with ideas for a shower, this is what I love to do.

Anyway, not much else is happening at the moment, but I will keep you posted on the cake people.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment